First visit with Benjamin

I got to go to Nahville over the weekend and visit my new nephew Benjamin for the first time. He is the most cuddly sweetest newborn! He is a big boy but I had forgotten how tiny they are at this age. He loves to sleep especially on someones shoulder or lap and doesn't make too much of a fuss about anything. Jenny and Ryan are doing great and are probably the most confident/relaxed new parents I have ever seen. Tyler kept Skylar at home all weekend while I was gone and they had some good daddy daughter bonding time. It was the longest I had ever left Skylar and I was definitely ready to see her when I got home. It is amazing though how refreshing it is to only have to take care of yourself for a change.

Smiley face


Ben had his newborn photos taken while I was there and I got to snap one of these after the photographer. He was such a good sport and didn't cry during the whole hour and a half session. Big stretch



Look at those sleep marks!


First bath



Ryan had a project going on since we were there to help Jenny. He got a shipping container and is making it in to a pottery studio for Jenny. It is actually really cool and he is going to put windows, doors, sink, toilet, and cedar shingle the outside. He had to rent a Ditch Witch and dig a 2 ft. trench to the container for the plumbing and electric. Only Ryan would attempt this solo, but he made it.

3 comments:

Lara said...

ha ha ha ha ha...i loved seeing ryan trying to maneuver that huge piece of machinery! that made my day! plus, benjamin is adorable! congrats ryan and jennie!

PCR ii said...

he is so cute and looks like ryan to me! What a great husband for doing that studio for her-wow! The pics were v. cute and I love that he has airplane outfits in honor of mama

The Richardsons said...

We loved having you guys there! Wish you could come back and visit!!! Was looking at the pics of Ben's skinny little legs and laughing about how chunky they are now! Crazy how much they grow in such a short time...