Skylar's early Birthday

Aunt Jenny and Uncle Ryan were sweet enough to host a little early birthday party for Skylar while we were in Nashville over the weekend. She made her a yummy chocolate cake to play in and Skylar had a great time making a mess. 
We had to improvise since the high chair tray we had wasn't big enough for cake. Tyler grabbed her up and sat her right on the table in front of the cake. Whatever works:) 
Just getting acquainted with my very own cake



Chocolate paw

She was looking at her hand like it was a puppet

Cake dangling off the arm
Time to get cleaned up 
The final damage. We made a huge mess and there was cake all over the table and rug. I am sure Sadie (their dog) loved helping clean up. 
Opening some presents
It was such a fun and special night! I can't believe she is one year old this week! 

2 comments:

PCR ii said...

I love all the picures. I wish we'd be there too..booo! She is so cute. I love the bow outfit at mexican food night. Where has a year gone? It goes by so quickly with kiddos!! Miss yall-Lar

Lauren Foster said...

How fun!!! I am glad that she enjoyed her cake. Great Dad for improvising. He will need that skill many more times in the future. The year has flowen by for all of us. Happy Birthday little one!!