August 2015

Savannah's first day of school was on Tuesday and because of the stagger start, she didn't have to go back until the next week. I was thrilled to get one more week with her at home and we tried to do lots of special things together. She got to go to Jump Jamz one morning with Daddy, and we all went roller skating together. She loved it!








She still loves to push the little cart! 
Happy to be home after school in her favorite window spot...
Last day of the first week of school! Smoothies to celebrate! 

Savannah's first real week of school! I'm still not ready!! 


After seven good but hard years at home with the girls, it felt like a monumental change to have them both in school every day for the first time! It was never in my family plan to be a stay at home mom, but I'm so happy and thankful for every second of this time I got to spend at home with them before the busy school years.
I had a big long list of projects I've been wanting to do for years, and got right to work as soon as school started! We were excited to have Jack, Lori, and Beau coming for a visit and it was a great reason to clean and organize all week like a crazy person before they saw the house for the first time :) So happy for a visit and for the motivation!
Cleaning out my closet has been on the list for a while, and I found quite the Sperry collection!? :) I think this is at least a few years worth...
I thought I would have lots of extra time during the year with the girls in school, but since I'm just now writing this and it's almost a year later haha, I can say that the year didn't really go as expected.. Sky ended up missing a little over a month of school being sick and Savannah a little over a week. Plus doctors appointments and lots of fun, special days going on at school- it stayed pretty busy all year!! I did get a few days of really good project time in here and there though, and got through at least half of my list :) Hopefully I can finish next year! Attic, you're up next!..
Growing up every day...walking in by herself for the first time...
Cuddles with tired, hiding Daddy...


First of many doctors appointments this year... but as long as she's happy, I'm happy! 
Going through the carwash....these faces crack me up!!

Our new porch swing!


The Meeces made it! Dinner on the patio...


Saturday morning we took them to one of our favorite parks... It was fun and hot! :) 








Then Lori and I were able to venture out for pedicures! 
A then a quick swim in the pool....


Saturday night Gigi babysat so we could all go out to J. Alexanders!

We had a great visit and loved having them! 
Ready for church...


Playing dress up with Target clothes like targetdoesitagain! :)
Sky lost a front tooth! 
KT and the kids came over to hang out one night while Tyler and Matt were both at work. We had such a great time and the girls stayed up LATE for them! 
Kid dinner...
Adult dinner...
We played in the backyard until after dark and watched all the "shooting stars" go by...

Skylar is so excited for our beach trip book from Aunt Jenny!

We love dresses and tennis shoes :)
Ready for T-ball practice...
Pretty playing in her favorite window...

August weekend in the backyard...



Sour face! 

Skylar's teacher sent me a picture of the girls getting to eat lunch together in the cafeteria. Love it! So happy they get to be at the same school!!
For our anniversary we got to go to Grizzlies night at the Redbirds game! 
Tony Allen throwing out the first pitch...
Anniversary ballpark BBQ nachos lol... Yum! Would have been better about 20 degrees cooler outside, but still good! :) 
Happy 13th Anniversary! 

1 comment:

MJH said...

You and Ty look so cute sporting the Grizz! Love the Sperry's! lol!! You just wouldn't be Becca without them! Sky is so proud of her missing tooth and I love her eating the ice cream! That pic of Savannah in red dot swimsuit in the backyard with water table -- one of my favorite pictures ever!! It's like looking into a real memory.