Summer is really over! :(

I am so sad about the summer ending this year. We had a really busy summer and it flew by way too fast. The last two weeks of the summer were a little more laid back though. (And by laid back I mean only Skylar's usual therapies and appointments, but no major tests or big dr appointments.) So, it pleasantly tricked me into thinking we had a fun, chill, laid back time all summer. We started with a three week long intensive physical therapy for Sky, so obviously that took up a big chunk of time. Then Ty was out of town for a week, beach trip for a week, lots of doctors appointments, and a few other quick trips out of town- and it was gone! I already wish it could be next June. Although I know I will really be a wreck next year because Sky will be starting Kindergarten at the end of the summer. 
It just feels sometimes like everything is passing us by so quickly, and I know they won't be this little anymore. I am going to have a three year old in a few months and I might never have a two year old again. Sad :( 
With school starting we are back to our busy routines of school, therapy, and doctors. Always on the go! I know lots of other kids/parents are on the go a lot too, but hopefully they actually want to be doing all of their activities. (otherwise why would they be doing them, right!?) Poor Sky has to do so many things she doesn't want to do. She would love to be having playdates or taking fun classes, or even just getting to stay at home and play with her toys. But she is making such progress and I know it is because of all the effort that we make and the hard work that she does. 
Savannah has to keep our busy schedule too- and she is such a trooper. She sits at the therapy office and is excited to play with their toys and most of the time stays out of trouble. She even gets to play iPad sometimes which keeps her very happy. We have 5 therapies between Tues- Wed....not by choice, but because that is when they were available. And sometimes while we are there I think- what are we doing!? All three of us would much rather be at the park or be chillin at home or anything else. And I hope we are making the right decisions with everything we try to do for Sky. I think we are or else we wouldn't try so hard, but I hope the girls feel like they get to be kids enough too. 
It helps a ton that we love all of Skylar's therapists. She has an amazing team of people working with her that love her and want the best for her. And that helps the constant schedule be a little more bearable. 
Skylar really likes her school too, which is awesome! She is going four mornings a week from 9:20-1:00 to our county based special ed preschool program. She gets great therapy services through school as well. 
Savannah is starting preschool this week too! She is going two mornings a week from 9:30-12:00 to the church preschool in our neighborhood. She is sooo excited! She has been asking to go to "kool" since we dropped Skylar off at her first day last year. It is still going to be hard to let her go! She isn't super attached or anything, and I know she will do fine...it's just going to be weird because we are always together. It will be great for her to make some little friends of her own and to learn all the fun things there are to learn at preschool. Like sharing and being quiet :) 
For the first time in 4 1/2 years, I will have 5 hrs a week to myself! I will get to grocery shop by myself and go to Target by myself...and maybe even run every errand we ever have??. The girls might never set foot in a store again haha! 
My summer whining is over :) Until next August...

1 comment:

MJH said...

Thank you so much for making sooo many Knoxville trips this summer! It was so fun to see you!
Yes, I think you all do an amazing job balancing the "have to" things with the " want to's!". Your girls are going to be just like their mom- always sad when summer's over! They both love their outside fun- pools and parks, beach and riding toys! Thanks to their fantastic parents, they both LOVE their lives! I know you hate to drag Savannah to all the therapies and hate even more so that Sky has to go through them! You have every right to whine complain cry and drink BIG 5lbs beers any time-- not just in August!!
But you are an Angel and Tyler is an extraordinary dad too!
Here's to Fall!!