First week of School

Skylar made it through her first week of school and did great! All her teachers and therapists were so happy with the progress she had made over the summer, and she seemed to be having a great time at school. One week into school, Skylar got an ear infection and ended up getting pretty sick. We had a not so pretty sick episode at Target, followed by 6 long sick days at home only leaving the house to go to the doctor again to figure out a crazy rash that she had gotten in addition to her ear infection. They weren't sure what it was, but said it could have been an Amoxicillin rash, or a virus, or a rash from finally breaking her fever. Tyler was out of town all week, so it was only natural someone would get sick. They like to somehow only get sick when one of us is out of town. But, she is all better and back to her sweet pink cheeked self! She is back to school tomorrow, so hopefully she can beat the back to school germs for the rest of the week. 

Savannah is loving school! She had a great first week too. Her school does pick up for 2 yr olds on the playground. I kindof think this is cruel punishment for parents (for kids like Savannah that never want to leave anywhere), but I guess it makes sense for walking in the hall and timing logistics. So, on her first day, I walk up to the playground fence and her teacher Mrs. LaBella sees me. She tells Savannah that I am here and Savannah looks over at me and kindof gives me this- "how could you!" look and then tells Mrs. LaBella she doesn't want to go. Awww- what a  sweet welcome :) She got over it quicker than I expected though, and then had lots of fun things to tell me. On her second day when I picked her up from the playground, she said..all in succession.. "I'm sweaty and hungry and tired I need food" I call that a great day at preschool! She is getting so big! 

No comments: