Disney on Ice! (Well, not exactly...)

We had a great visit with Mimi last weekend! We had been talking about taking the girls to see Disney on Ice (Rockin Ever After), but when Mimi decided to come for a spur of the moment visit- it sealed the deal and we thought it would be even more fun with a grandma in town! We also thought it would be great practice for our Disney trip in 3 weeks! Savannah was a little grumpy to start the day, but Skylar was SO excited to be going. She was so excited all morning and all the way downtown to the coliseum she could barely contain herself. We got there in plenty of time to pick up our tickets and play outside for a minute. It was a beautiful day! We got to our seats and were still doing good. Then the show started! This is how it went from there: The first dancers came out and Skylar started kindof whining/getting upset. I put her in my lap because I thought she couldn't see. She started crying. I got a snack from Mimi because I thought maybe that would help. I barely got her pretzels open, and an adorable Mickey and Minnie (but apparently horrifying) came out on the ice and Skylar lost it. All of that took Maybe two minutes. So, I took her out into the hall crying so she could calm down for a minute. We stayed out about 10 minutes and she was so sad and crying the whole time. Tyler came to check on us, and we decided to just leave and wait in the car for everyone else to get out. :( As soon as we got back outside she calmed down. I turned the wrong direction when I got out of the coliseum and walked alll the way around it and back to our car while carrying this sweet 35 pounder whose stroller was still inside. Bummer! I was just going to drive around and get coffee or something while Savannah, Mimi, and Ty finished the show- and I got a call about 20 minutes later that Savannah was over it too and we just went back and picked them up. So much for Disney on Ice lol! They did at least get to see Ariel and a little bit of Rapunzel. I have no idea why Skylar got so upset, but I really hope she isn't scared at Disney and that she can enjoy seeing all the characters. Maybe it was just the dark and the loud music?? The good news is that we have stopped having any expectations of how things are going to go, and even though it is disappointing, it is not a shock when something doesn't go exactly like we had hoped. We will try again another year! They did look super cute in their princess shirts though!











No comments: