Labor Day Weekend

We had a fun Labor Day weekend last weekend. The girls provide constant entertainment and keep our days challenging but comical. It was probably the best weather weekend all summer and we went to the park and to the pool for its closing weekend. Boo! Even though we didn't get to go as much this summer as last year, I will miss the pool terribly.
We worked all morning Monday morning around the house cleaning and organizing and then Monday night we had a babysitter and got to go out. For some reason every time we have a babysitter we act like it is the last time we will ever leave the house without kids again- and we go nuts. We usually gain a couple lbs each by eating/drinking way too much yummy food and we always spend too much money. A trip to Target is usually involved at some point in the night and free time to look around Target without kids= trouble. They get us even more because we use our Target card and frequently earn an extra 10% for using it so much. With two in diapers and on formula, it is easy to rack up the points. So, when we have an extra 10% off plus our regular Tyler's 10% off, we feel like we need to buy one of everything. Most recent exciting purchases: new camera (since our unfortunate camera accident at the beach ruined our old camera) and new big girl car seat for Savannah when she turns 1!

We are getting bigger and bolder with the bows! Memphis had some really fun bow shops...












Skylar is like....I'm outta here. Savannah quickly followed and we had to rein them in from crawling off the dock.



Savannah actually loved getting to hang on the bar and tried to get out of Tyler's arm to get back on it.


Skylar is loving tea sets and dishes right now. She likes to stir and say "makin, makin". Ask her what she is making and she will usually say "coffee" and sometimes "kancake". She has always loved saying coffee and it was close to one of her first real words. Since it usually takes me all morning to finish my coffee, she always sees me with a cup and likes to talk about it.

Here is a little look at one of the many "altercations" that goes on between them all day. They are really in to taking away toys from each other. It's so funny though because they don't do it rudely, they just calmly and persistently chase each other around and take the toy back and forth until one of them moves on. It doesn't matter what it is- they want it if the other one has it.

Sky wants the wand.

Savannah does a duck and roll move to get away from her.

Skylar chases her in to the curtain.

...and wins this round.


Savannah says- Oh, that's OK, I'll just go stand and look at myself in the dirty oven:)

4 comments:

MJH said...

Ok, when did they grow up!!? Skylar's hair is sooo long now and of course, I'm loving her bows! Savannah looks so long in that lounge chair by the pool! They are both so adorable. You got some beautiful pics. I love the one in the grass with sun going down behind them. I miss them!

Lara said...

Freakin awesome documenting the fighting! I was laughing out loud! Mainly because that's all the goes on at our house. Girls are VICIOUS! I also love how protected from the sun they are. For some reason, based on your personality in high school, (what? I need a house key to get in my house?) I could see you winging it without sunscreen...but you've turned into cautious mama! I like it!

Rebecca Meece said...

LOL! Yep, I am all responsibility these days:) Pretty boring. How much would my mom have loved one of those locks where you can call from your cell phone and open it. Although, I am sure I would have lost my cell phone and still had to walk somewhere to call.
Not sure when I became the sunscreen nazi- but I don't mess around with these little fair skinned babies...

Lauren Foster said...

They are so big!!!! Skylar is looking so grown up and Savannah is catching up too. Bows are pretty fun. I haven't gone much bigger with Eme's hair but I need to get some more since she likes to wear pig tails and I don't have enough colors in pairs. It is amazing what you did as a kid without a care but no way no how are you going to let your kiddo do it. Eme gets a daily lathering of sunscreen and I send it with her to day care for a reapply too.