Savannah 16 months

Savannah is 16 months old now and is turning out to be quite a handful! She has sortof a split personality. One side is super sweet and charming and wants to sit in your lap while you "ree-ree-ree" a book, and the other side is a little trouble maker. That sounds terrible to say...but it is so true! And of course I mean that in the most loving way:) She is in to Everything around the house. She loves to open and shut the trash can and throw things away. If the fridge or pantry door are open for more than 10 seconds- she is right underneath you trying to crawl in and get into something. She has a favorite little spot now between the couch and the end table that she likes to escape to with all of her treasures she finds and isn't supposed to have. She likes to come to the same spot to escape me and wherever I am trying to take her.

She loves to be picked up on her terms and says "UPppp!" (with a 3 second p), but is a defiant little devil when she doesn't want to be picked up. She thrashes her little body around and tries to twist out of your arms. She has perfected the 'throw your arms up straight into the air to the point where they look dislocated' move and can make it as hard as she can to be picked up. She loves to just hurl herself around too- if you are sitting or lying on the floor- she will just come tackle you and laugh and laugh. I had two random bruises lately that I am sure came from a bony little elbow or knee. Her sweet side is just so cute and so "classic baby"- she talks jibberish all the time and points her tiny little 2 inch longer finger at everything. I'll be glad when she is saying more words, but I'm not trying to make any time go by faster...I know she will be there soon enough and I will be missing this funny little phase.

Snuggling with Minnie


My favorite- a dirty trash can!


Here is a few days worth of pictures from her favorite hiding spot...


A remote and a Kleenex box..


Kleenex and a really fun find..a to-go coffee cup


Just hiding with a snotty face...


Savannah loves this little horse and drags it around the house. She has recently learned to do some trick riding...


Tackling Skylar...


Just sitting in a shoe box to play with my doll..

2 comments:

PCR ii said...

awww..those made me laugh..someday we'll have to put Ellie & Savannah in a room and just see what happens..I don't think anything would survive..cute pj's too!

MJH said...

She totally cracks us up! What cute little girl! And what a stinker! I wish so much that I could see her more often!